Tuesday, July 28, 2009

wholeness

probably as most humans have, i've been on a life-journey of finding wholeness. that integration of body, emotions, mind and spirit, which will produce a completely whole and functioning being. "holism", if you will. while healing is involved in that process, i've learned not to put too much focus on it, because focus on healing causes focus on pain and brokenness. i prefer to put my attention to the teacher that pain can be. (what can i learn? what is it trying to tell me about my thought/feeling-life?) and setting intentions toward wholeness. this kind of focus brings hope (and ultimately healing).
through my training in massage therapy, i'm having some very interesting experiences. i'm finding that there's emotional pain stored in my body that my mind is not even aware of. hear that? - body, emotions, mind, all functioning separately. as those things start to surface and release out, i'm one step closer to wholeness, where everything is inseparable in harmony. fascinating stuff. have to put in another plug for bodywork - get it! everyone needs it and it will amp up your journey to wholeness.
i'm reading a book that i highly recommend called, "You can heal your life" by Louise L. Hay. a little cheesemo at times, but overall very chewy stuff. profound but simple concepts.
so that's my preach for the day. i'll try to move on to something lighter next time. god knows i've got plenty of that material, too. :)
happy day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Right on! I've been on a journey too!