Tuesday, May 19, 2009

spirit-friends

sometimes, don't you just want to acknowledge and honor the people who have most influenced your life? those gals (or guys) who helped you to be more you than you ever were? i have 2 friends that came divinely into my life about 11 years ago and torqued my world forever. it was an instant and strong 3-way connection, as with a very thick chain, but with the beauty of a prism refraction. these women called out my most inner me - my creative, my passion, my spirit, my dance, my ornamentation, my beauty. simply their essence challenged, provoked and guided me. i found truth and light like never before. oh, and a way to play that was even beyond the capacity of the children i cared for. white boa guitar straps, giant platform shoes, watercolors, wire-sculpted kites, spirit songs, full-fledged giraffes, art parties, tears, laughs, and the most affirming response of all time: "are you kidding me?"
these are obviously "inside memories", but i want all readers who come upon this entry to be included in the sacredness of transforming friendship. when someone comes into your life who sees you, hears you and feels exceedingly safe, open to the love being offered. love in return. your path will be forever affected.
mary keith and ashley - eternal gratitude. love. devotion. upward rotation.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Where's the like button for this one? Love you, girl.
Thanks for making my day. Can't wait to see ya.