Wednesday, January 21, 2009

sculpey



one of my favorite mediums to create with is sculpey clay. sculpey is actually a particular brand name of polymer clay, but for me it's like calling a tissue a kleenex. give me some sculpey in fashion colors and my 10 digits, and i'll make something that will make me smile. i can't help it - i mean, i'm a tactile person, so smooshing and squishing a wad of clay into something with form makes me oogly-happy. it's even more fulfilling than folding laundry!
not sure when i first discovered sculpey and the joys therein, but over the years i've poured many inspired hours into 'faces of food' magnets, clay-cards, flowers, figures, even wedding cake toppers. featured in the picture is a wedding cake topper i made for my dear, dear friend, wendy. henry and henrietta are two characters that she created and i just captured them in clay for her wedding day. now they're framed on her wall.
fun stuff. get your hands in it and you'll be addicted, too!

No comments: