Friday, April 10, 2009

groovy shoes

how often do you think about your feet? they really work hard for us, but are quite under-appreciated. through my massage studies, i'm finding much more appreciation of and giving more attention to those far-from-head appendages that take such a daily beating. and out of that attention, i'm more convinced than ever that well-made, foot-aware footwear is the way to go. and when you can throw in a dash of groovy on top..well.
i've always loved groovy shoes. fun, funky, outrageous, bizarre, interesting, creative. they can decorate up a quite boring outfit. or just add a little more pizazz to what's already cookin' in your style. and with certain designers, buying those shoes is investing in art. unfortunately, i've spent too much of my life searching for the best deals (i.e. cheapest), which are often made of junk material, have no support, and are usually just shy of ugly. the best shoe decisions of my life are the ones that cost more than a day's wages, because after all, quality costs.
so, i made an elaborate purchase today, but not so much since my feet have been sending me love tingles all the day long.
john fluevog angels.
it's like cloud-walking.
they're so pretty i can't take my eyes off them.
i think mr. fluevog created them just for me.
can't think of a better foot-present.
groovyness and all that. don'chu get in my way, or i kick you wit my new shoes!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Those are cute!! Can I have them?

swirled said...

Anissa! So glad you shared your blog with us in class. I love it...what a wonderful idea! And your shoe posting made me want to get out and get some more supportive shoes. Yea! Check out my blog if you have time...it's www.swirledmystery.blogspot.com.
Pretty much just a bunch of whatever I am thinking about life at the moment. So glad we have massage classes together...you rock!