Saturday, December 6, 2008

in shape

i love the phrase "in shape". someone asked me how i stay in such good shape and i thought about that for a day. we're all in some sort of shape. am i a triangle, octagon, rhombus? when asked this question, i take it as an incredible compliment. i assume that because they want to know how i have this shape, they must like my shape. always nice to know. but alas, i think the question referred specifically to my work-out routine. i absolutely abhor working-out. i prefer to play-out. in fact, if i'm doing something athletic that i consider play, i'm so passionate about it, that i sometimes make a dance studio in my house (but that's another blog for another time). so, give me dance (my numero uno), martial arts, gymnastics, yoga, hikes and i'll not only do them til i drop, i'll probably also get in touch with my essence somewhere in the mix. now that's some fun! oh, and what do i consider a work-out? jogging (what is that anyway? - slow running?) and anything with balls. don't need those - too dangerous. kudos to you if you find your play-out with those things, though. to each his own passions. play with them!

1 comment:

Martha Phelps said...

oh sweetie - we all need balls!
(tee hee)