Tuesday, December 16, 2008

bacon

i can't tell you how many people have asked me if i'm a vegetarian. i must have vegetarian hair or vegetarian attitude or vegetarian something. but if people would step in a bit and feel my energy, they'd know that i can't be a vegetarian, unless there's a bacon exclusion. bacon is my absolute, most favorite food in all the world. those who've known me for many years know that there's no quicker way to my heart than through a pound of crispy bacon. well, i try not to eat a pound in one sitting, but it's possible. the ironic thing, though, is that i passionately dislike bacon's sidekick - mr. egg. ewwww. so, just serve it up in a big pile, maybe with a slice of orange on the side. or if it must be accompanied, something with maple syrup involved would be good, like a big ol' waffle. and if you share in my passion for meat-candy, check out http://www.iheartbacon.com/
tha-a-tha-aa-tha-that's all folks!

1 comment:

Martha Phelps said...

You and VIrginia, darling. You two are the bacon queens of the West Coast (I'd say "world, " but given some of the sizes of folks I've seen here and there.....I suspect that someone else holds that distinction.)
For most of my childhood, I considered myself a sausage person - and no, not even making it could dissuade me from eating as many as possible whenever given the opportunity....
These days, I'd rather have a Junior Mint.
Go figure.